Sunday 2 November 2008

Mr God this is Anna

"Some people lay claim to fame by being the first person to sail around the world alone, or to stand on the moon, or by some other act of bravery. ... I too have a claim to fame; for I knew Anna" so said Fynn at the begining of the book Mr God this is Anna

Anita reminded us of, or introduced us for the first time, to this book today. What are your thoughts either from what you heard this morning or from having read the book before, what are your favourite bits. Please take a few moments to add a comment.



If you want to read Anita's notes from the talk click here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It may not be Anna, but some of the children I work with sometimes see things in a different way.
We were discussing the colour of our eyes in a small group, when one of the children said “I can’t see the colour of my eyes as I can only see them from the inside”.
A few weeks ago also in a small group we were finding out about “connectives”. Much to my surprise, one little girl who finds it difficult to speak out aloud in the class, puts her hand up. The teacher points to her, “What’s a good connective?” she asks. “Dickhead”, the little girl replied. Of course the teacher still thinks I whispered the word in her ear!
Ray