Saturday 27 June 2009

Learning to Pray

I was thinking about prayer and being prayed for. Being prayed for is not something I have gone in for in a big way in my life and recently when a friend elected to pray for a situation I have concern about, solely because I have concern about it, I found it really surprising. Hearing my concern presented to God as though that was the only natural thing to do with it, removed the weight of it from my shoulders completely. The issue hasn't changed, but the process of it being taken up by someone else and prayed for, changed quite a lot about it for me.
I just found that quite interesting! I couldn't recommend going around wrenching people's troubles out of their hands and hurling them at God; it is a bit brutal, and it has to come out of relationship, but there are probably far more opportunities to enrich people's lives by praying with them, than someone like me will ever be brave enough to take.

No comments: