Sunday 8 February 2009

Lord in your mercy... by Steve W

Following on from this mornings talk I think this is an excellent piece of writing about how we need God to help in this 'bad news' world

Lord in your mercy...

I saw people chase ambition,
Driven by their schemes.
Half the world is starving,
But we indulge our dreams.
Neighbour fighting neighbour.
Injuries are claimed.
Eye for eye and tooth for tooth –
Are we going insane?

Lord, in your mercy, please cast out the lies
And set me seeing this world through your eyes.

I heard a single mother’s anguish,
A deserted child’s grief.
Families that are shattered
Don’t know what they can believe.
Nation fears nation,
Belief and conscience clash.
Mistrust between old friendships
Often festers in a flash.

Lord, in your mercy, please cast out the fears
And set me hearing this world through your ears.

Don’t worry if you’re suffering,
We can help you meet your end.
Rules are rules, I’m sure it’s true,
But there’s nothing we can’t bend.
I saw tiny souls aborted,
But it’s all done for “the best”.
And a web-site cheers each suicide,
What a sad, sad, crazy mess.

Lord, in your mercy, please help me to start
Living in this world with your heart.

No comments: