Wednesday 4 March 2009

A Swimming Pool and Free Access to God

Ashley was started by people who would go out into the streets and villages and preach the Gospel and although I have done that in the past it really is not my thing. I have been wondering recently if there was anything that connected those early founders of the church I lead to me and my way of thinking about the Christian message. Then standing in the changing room at Hatfield Swimming the words Free Access to God suddenly came to me and they seemed to connect the past and the present at Ashley. I am always amused at the places when insights come.

I think I could offer anyone such a wonderful message. No other agenda than a relationship to God. No special things to do, prayers to prayer, ways to talk, behaviour to conform to, songs to sing, church to attend, etc, etc. Just God and you. I believe at Ashley we try to put some of that freedom into practice. I wonder how much we succeed and how much further we could go?

No comments: