Tuesday 24 June 2008

It's that picture again

I keep coming back to this picture; it says something to me about the power God has to cut through the rock that is me and my stubborn ways.
The water here is pouring down inside a Swiss mountain; draining from a glacier, cutting rock as it falls. Despite the seeming impenetrability of rock, the water finds a way to cut through to the next level.
This is both exciting and scary. I like the idea of a God who doesn't come at me with a chisel to get me to change shape, but who continually pours his love over me until bit by bit things change.
I am feeling quite nervous about leading the Taize service, but am taking heart from the fact that this time last year it would have been unimaginable for me to even think I might do such a thing, so that is a bit of rockcutting that must have been going on - who knows what other bits of me, or you he plans to, or is already reshaping!

No comments: