Tuesday 8 July 2008

What is Your Treasure?


Nice to be back in Blog Land!!! I have just not quite made it for a few weeks and my photography course has always won. But that is finished now and the prodigal returns.


If you were at Ashley on Saturday (payer meeting) or Sunday (morning service) you would have heard that I met a man on train whose passion was carp fishing and I spent a happy hour learning about it. There is his picture cuddling up to his treasure.


I am fascinated but what makes a person have a passion for something and it always reminds me of Jesus and the parable of the treasure in field (Matthew 13: 44). The man sold all he had for the treasure.


Jesus seems to have always wanted people of passion around him. It is as though he can sort out the mistakes we make and the hang ups we have as long as there is passion there. Is that why he persevered with the apostle Peter? He was a fisherman too!!!



Passion gives us energy and is life giving.


I took a picture of these in St Albans Cathedral hanging over the bookshop area. I thought they were a good image of passion.


Scary but energising






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roy,
Please could you put up the questions and things to think about from last Sunday's talk. I know one was 'what are our strap lines', but I can't remember what else there was.

Thanks